Living in Berkeley
Berkeley is a vibrant, culturally diverse city, just across the bay from San Francisco. It’s a place where new ideas spark new movements, from politics to experimental theater to new ideas in cooking.
Yet with so much going on, Berkeley is also a very livable city where you can hike in the hills, ride your bike through the flatlands and fly kites along the bay. Its residential architecture is renowned, with original Craftsman homes that add character to the city and set the standard for newer construction.
Liberal, free thinking, inspiring, intellectual, diverse, environmentally-aware, creative, culinary, tolerant, family-friendly, great architecture.
- Univeristy of California
- Berkeley Botanical Garden
- Berkeley Kite Festival
- Chez Panisse
- Chocolate and Chalk Art Festival
- Codornices Park and the 40’ concrete slide
- David Brower Center (the greenest building in Berkeley)
- Freight and Salvage Coffeehouse
- Greek Concert Theater
- Guided culinary tasting tours
- Lawrence Hall of Science
- Tilden Park Steam Train
- BAMPFA, the UC Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive